Wednesday, November 14, 2007

How I became a KM teacher


Back in 1997, I saw an ad in the paper for a Kindermusik storytime at a local bookstore in Lewisville. I took my then-pregnant self, my 2 1/2 year old daughter and didn't really have anything in mind except to have fun with music! After I left, I had the Kindermusik headquarters phone number in hand and the numbers of the two wonderful educators who conducted the storytime (and who I felt like I knew my whole life and not just 30 minutes!). It was one of those life-changing things: I just KNEW this was what I was meant to do. I can't explain it any other way! I called the number to get an information pack and the rest is history. I was in Houston, TX three weeks later for a week-long training and I started to teach after I had my second child. My children are Kindermusik graduates and were in some of my first classes back then! (Now I live with a vocalist and guitarist and love the music around this place!).

I tell people all the time about Kindermusik because of the deep belief I have in the program and what it does for families, for children's growth, and for their minds. I know you tell others too, because so many of your friends have come, and for that I thank you.

In-house re-enrollment is now in progress just for YOU before I advertise locally. Remit your deposit and pay the remainder on the first class in January. My website is http://www.msheidi.kindermusik.net/. Be sure to click on the spring icon when you register. Oh, and get your child's Kindermusik t-shirt when you come to your next class as my gift!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you shared this story, Heidi. I LOVE it that you were seated in a Fundamentals class 2 weeks after you'd ever heard of Kindermusik before! Testimony to the great power of this program.
- Launa