Thursday, December 13, 2007

Maybe I'll see you there

My family and I have been enjoying the Flower Mound Symphony Orchestra for years and I began when my daughter was a preschooler. Their performances are always free (they accept donations), they are always very special and filling. There are no 'bad seats' at Trietsch Methodist Church where they mainly perform. What I used to do when my children were young like yours, would be to leave during intermission. A little, shortened 'concert' to peak their interest, but not too long to make them start to fidget and fuss. Although be assured that these concerts are very family-friendly and not your stiff, formal concerts. They are PERFECT for children of all ages! The instruments are easy to see from your seat and the acoustics are incredible at Trietsch. Treat yourself and your family to a wonderful, musical experience!

Just as a head's up------they have a WONDERFULLY educational and interactive children's concert every May. I'll let you know about that later!

I noticed on their website they are also doing a performance with their preparatory orchestra (younger musicians) at Borders. This may be the perfect option for you! Here's the scoop"


Flower Mound Symphony Orchestra

December 15 & December 16

7:00 PM Trietsch United Methodist Church Flower Mound


Flower Mound Preparatory and Progressive Orchestras

December 17, 7:00 PM Borders Book Store

2403 S. Stemmons, Suite 100 Lewisville, TX 75067 (off Round Grove Rd.)


No comments: