Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Honing my teaching skills

I'm so excited to be going to the annual Kindermusik convention this November! I recently registered, now all I have to do is buy a plane ticket and I'll be all set. I thought you might like to know the 2008 convention mission statement:

The purpose of our 2008 Kindermusik Convention is to celebrate who we are as a community and as individuals – passionate educators and entrepreneurs making a difference in the lives of children and families through Kindermusik.

The convention helps me to grow as a teacher. To be better for my families. You! It is 4 jam-packed days of learning. I am totally, joyfully exhausted when I'm done! I come home completely inspired.

Why did Kindermusik International pick “a good beginning never ends” as the theme this year?

Because we will be celebrating 30 years of Kindermusik!
Because we will celebrate the beautiful benefit a child gains for life.
Because we will celebrate the relationship that grows from pleased parent, to loyal customer, to friend.

Thank you for being that to me. Right at this moment, I can say I have truly gained the bulk of my friendships from my Kindermusik family.

2 comments:

Colored With Memories said...

It sounds like a fun learning opportunity! Thanks for growing yourself for our benefit!

Heidi Day said...

Kerry, you are welcome! I consider myself a seeker...I don't usually settle for the status quo in anything. My husband calls me obssessed (but with love and admiration in his voice) :-)