Saturday, May 31, 2008

Nocturne in f minor by Frederic Chopin


I did it. I performed a Chopin Nocturne today at a piano recital my teacher, Donna Meinecke, held in Denton for her students. It was held at the Denton Women's Club near the TWU campus. I am so relieved it's over! :-) At the same time, I'm so glad I played. I was last after about 20 young people ranging from a senior in high school down to about first grade. I think it's good for them to see an adult still pursuing music, never giving up, continuing to find the time to improve and learn. You never 'arrive'. It's a continual journey from which I learn not only about the music, but about myself.

1 comment:

Colored With Memories said...

Wow, I had no idea you still took lessons. How fun! Congrats on what I'm sure was a great recital!